Friday, May 28, 2010

Please stop talking...

...about Venus Williams's dress. I mean, really? This is a big deal?

I am currently watching Venus for the second time in two days and I have to say I don't see what all the hoopla is about. The flesh colored underwear we already discussed when she wore them at the Australian. And the lace and the illusion of bareness? One, I don't think the illusion is that great. It looks like lingerie. It's black with red trimmings. Two, it's very French in my mind. Very stylish. And three, let's not forget that Bethanie Mattek has worn actual lingerie (not that there's anything wrong with that) before.

I don't know what is so revealing about it. I mean it's kind of annoying that she pulls up the straps after every point. But other players are pulling down their compression shorts every point, too, which speaks generally to ill-fitting or designed sports clothing.

So please stop talking about it.

I mean if she shows up at Wimbledon in an all-white version of the dress, that's going to be something to talk about a la Ann White's unitard! Until then, let's talk tennis.

2 comments:

Danny Young said...

When you get into a sport one thing you have to consider is sports supplies tennis, otherwise, you couldn't utilize your full potential in sport

Tony G. said...

Where ever you go, whoever you are always bare in mind sports supplies tennis is best for you.