Friday, June 17, 2011

My Oh, Christ moment of the day

Or "Things that make me go Ugh."

Members of the German women's U-20 team are appearing in Playboy to promote the Women's World Cup.
Also they want to show people that female footballers are not all "butch."
Five of the women ages 19-22 posed for the publication which approached them directly--not through the national team or their respective professional teams.

This is the last line of the HuffPo piece:

Whether or not there's any backlash over these photos remains to be seen, but one thing's for sure: they definitely helped spread the word on the Women's World Cup.

1) I doubt there will be "backlash." And 2) not sure this helps spread the word that the World Cup is happening. I mean are the people picking up Playboy and seeing these women and saying, "Oh, women play soccer? And they have this big tournament? Maybe I'll watch."

No comments: