Saturday, April 11, 2009

Will all this new technology help women's sports?

Don't get too excited. I'm not actually going to answer that question.
I just raise it in light of my new ability to actually follow the Women's Hockey World Championships in Finland. The US lost their first game of the tournament yesterday to Canada, 2-1. Know how I know that? Because I read it on Facebook! Yep, I joined the US National Team's Facebook page and I get the status updates (every period of play, actually) along with the blog team member Caitlin Cahow is going while in Finland.
Also, UniversalSports.com is live broadcasting the games. I think this is the first time ever. So if you want to watch the gold medal game between the US and Canada on Sunday, head there.
So the point is that all this technology makes it easier for fans to follow. And if we prove ourselves to be a formidable group maybe we can start moving up and get, I don't know, a spot on the ESPN ticker??

No comments: