Thursday, February 12, 2009

Right in my backyard!

Who's going to VT this weekend? Me! Wanna know why??
'Cause there's a ski jumping competition there--with women competing.
I am usually never this fortunate but who knew Brattleboro, VT had one of only 6 regulation ski jumps in the US. Not me.
There's a competition at Harris Hill this weekend, the 14th and 15th (I'm going Sunday afternoon) and there will be women competing.
This is quite exciting for me as I have been following the female ski jumpers' attempts to get into the 2010 Olympics. (Here is one of the most recent stories about the campaign--though, as far as I can tell, it does not report any new news.)
And I've actually never seen ski jumping in person. I saw the jump when I was in Salt Lake City in 2002 but the competition had ended by the time I got there (to see luge which shared the mountainside venue).
Here is info on Harris Hill and here is the competition schedule.
Hopefully I will have pictures next week!

No comments: