Sunday, March 29, 2009

Opening Day!

Today is the day many of us have been waiting for: WPS opening day. Washington Freedom (that's Abby Wambach's team!) have traveled to Carson City, CA to take on the LA Sol (that's Marta's team).
There was a little blurb in a Philly media outlet that frankly did not convey the excitement I am seeking (even given that Philly is getting its own team next year):
A previous league, the Women's United Soccer Association which also had a team in Philadelphia, folded in 2003 after losing $100 million in three years.

Yeah, thanks for the reminder. We're well aware of what happened. Grrr...
I also cannot figure out what time the game is being played and if it is being aired. I assume Fox Soccer Channel will broadcast it--at least on the west coast.
I should have gotten my friend who is attending to send me updates. Maybe she'll take pics!

No comments: