Opening Day!

Today is the day many of us have been waiting for: WPS opening day. Washington Freedom (that's Abby Wambach's team!) have traveled to Carson City, CA to take on the LA Sol (that's Marta's team).
There was a little blurb in a Philly media outlet that frankly did not convey the excitement I am seeking (even given that Philly is getting its own team next year):
A previous league, the Women's United Soccer Association which also had a team in Philadelphia, folded in 2003 after losing $100 million in three years.

Yeah, thanks for the reminder. We're well aware of what happened. Grrr...
I also cannot figure out what time the game is being played and if it is being aired. I assume Fox Soccer Channel will broadcast it--at least on the west coast.
I should have gotten my friend who is attending to send me updates. Maybe she'll take pics!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Guy disses the WNBA

More reviews of Chak de! India

Tennis Dopes