What are you doing next week?

The 18th Annual Brattleboro (VT) Women's Film Festival starts today. There are a few films that might be of interest to readers of After Atalanta. (I think even the non-sports ones look good, too though--so, check out the full schedule. Proceeds from event(s) go to Brattleboro Women's Crisis Center.)
A movie I have talked about several times--and also seen several times, now--Kick Like a Girl--is part of the festival line-up. A complement to Kick is a documentary about Patsy Mink, the Hawaiian senator after whom Title IX was renamed a few years ago. (I took a little exception to the description of Mink as "the driving force behind Title IX," but I still think the documentary, which is about her life in politics, is probably still worth seeing.)
The movie, though, that really looks good is Thin Ice, a documentary about a group of girls in India who form an ice hockey team. Ice hockey! (Note that I still have not seen the movie about field hockey in India. Note to self: get on that!)
Plus there are movies not about sports that look great, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Guy disses the WNBA

More reviews of Chak de! India

Deford strikes and incites--again