Curious dismissal

Not sure this is something important but since I have come across two articles about the dismissal of the senior women's administrator in University of Washington's athletic department, I thought I would mention it. Marie Tuite has been with UW for 14 years and several weeks ago UW brought in new AD Scott Woodward. Some say it's a cleaning house move. Getting rid of key players in the old administration.
But given the success female coaches and administrators have had with retaliation cases of late, it's a pretty bold move. Also in Tuite's favor is her 14-year tenure.
Woodward would not give any reasons and it is unknown whether Tuite will be fired or resign.
This article contains more details as well as a comments section where there are some pretty sexist comments about women in sports administration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Guy disses the WNBA

More reviews of Chak de! India

Deford strikes and incites--again