Here's what various media outlets had to say about it:
- Salon.com (mostly providing links to other stories, especially The Chronicle of Education which is subscription only for most of the Tittle IX tributes)
- The Honolulu Star Bulletin (Hawaii has a special interest in Title IX because Hawaiian congresswoman Patsy Mink was a major proponent of the legislation; see this article from the Honolulu Advertiser for more background.)
- Over at The Huffington Post, Rep. Linda Sanchez of California writes not only about sports but equal access to institutes of higher education and professional schools. (And she adds a cute story about being the only woman on the Democrat team in the annual congressional baseball game--her number is IX!)
- Earthtimes.org published this press release from Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.
- Women's Sports Foundation CEO Donna Lopiano, as a guest columnist for the Seattle PI, has this to say about the anniversary. She also has a column over at SI.com.
- At ESPN.com is Mechelle Voepel's column on the 35 year mark.
- Indymedia of California cites the good and the bad 35 years after the passage of Title IX focusing on California schools.
- On the other coast, a local Massachusetts paper has a lengthy feature on Title IX's impact on high school sports.