More on new Atlanta team

Here's a Q&A with Ron Terwilliger, the owner of the new WNBA franchise in Atlanta on how the team came about, why Atlanta is a good spot for an expansion team, and how it will get up and running so quickly.

One little bitty concern I have: Terwilliger said--as part of his answer as to why he wanted to do this--"I've watched some women's basketball on TV..." [emphasis mine]

Some? Uh-oh. I realize team ownership is a business but it would be nice if the owner actually came into it a fan already. That said, Terwilliger does see the WNBA as a successful league already but one that needs to mature. And he wouldn't undertake this business venture, I would think, if he did not have confidence in not just his team's, but the league's, success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Guy disses the WNBA

More reviews of Chak de! India

Deford strikes and incites--again